‘Tis the season for berries and what better time to make this delicious mixed berry yogurt cake. The flavor of this cake reminds me of a shortcake topped with fresh berries and whipped cream. With tea or coffee I enjoy it plain, and sometimes with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
What’s in the Mixed Berry Yogurt Cake
Shaving the zest of a lemon with a microplane and the vanilla together brings out the sweetness of the fresh berries here. Next, the fresh raspberries, strawberries and blueberries make it an attractive spring or summer cake. Then, what makes the cake moist is adding the creamy butter and vanilla yogurt.
Making the cake is so simple and easy. Before you start, take the eggs, yogurt, berries, butter and eggs out of the fridge. Leave it on the counter until it comes to room temperature. All it takes is mixing the ingredients and baking it.
So I hope you try baking this cake. It’s the perfect dessert for spring and summer.[amazon_link asins=’B01N5DC5XS,B00GY6M9NK’ template=’ProductGrid’ store=’justsavorit-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’24df4bfc-69de-11e8-876a-ef7277a50ee4′]
Mixed Berry Yogurt Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp lemon zest packed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup fresh strawberries chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 6 oz. Yoplait vanilla yogurt (not Greek)
- 3 large eggs
- Let the butter soften on the counter. Let eggs, yogurt and berries come to room temperture. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees with the rack in the middle. Butter a 9-inch springform pan on the bottom and around the sides. Meanwhile, separate 2/3 of the berries in a bowl.
- Cream the softened butter and sugar together using a hand mixer or stand mixer. Then, add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the berries. Mix it well, scraping the sides in between. Stir in 2/3 of the berries.
- Pour the batter into the buttered springform pan. Level the top with a rubber spatula. Arrange the remaining berries on top of the batter.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes at 350F degrees. Check with a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake. When it's done, it should come out clean.
- Release the springform pan. Leave the pan bottom on and let cake cool on a rack. Serve the cake plain, sprinkle it with powdered sugar, or topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.